Ingredients2 h servings 204
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heating element in your oven and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange red bell pepper halves, yellow bell pepper halves, and orange bell pepper halves onto prepared baking sheet with cut sides down.
- Roast peppers under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place the blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Steam as they cool until the skin has loosened completely, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Cut peppers into small dice.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and carrot in hot oil until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, tarragon, thyme, and paprika; continue to cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir roasted peppers, tomatoes, water, and hot sauce into the peppers mixture, place a cover on the pot, and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot; add lentils, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender or food processor no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse several time to get the soup to be only slightly chunky. Repeat processing until all soup has been blended.
- Cook's Note:
- Use 1 tablespoon of liquid from the canned tomatoes in place of the water for added flavor.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 3.9 32.9 10.6 0 720 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was absolutely delicious! The peppers roasted nicely on my outdoor grill, and I prepared nearly everything else just as the recipe directed. Only changed a couple of things. I used canne...
I made this for my family and they ate all of it and asked for more! So good. Followed the recipe to a T (except for the garnishes). Most time consuming part is roasting the peppers. You can bu...