Ingredients20 m servings 957
- Mix onion, salmon, crackers, egg, butter, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl; form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties in the hot oil until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust number of crackers for personal taste: more crackers equals less salmon taste, fewer means stronger salmon taste!
- I use olive oil rather than vegetable oil.
- Substitute the onion with 1 teaspoon onion powder, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 957 calories; 72.7 26.6 49.3 291 1025 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
These were great! Had some leftover Salmon and wanted something to do with it. Made them for a friend and we both really liked them. Will definitely make them often with leftover salmon. They we...
Hubby loved it so it gets 5 stars. (No seafood for this girl). After reading the reviews I just added a few spices that hubby enjoys. Onion powder, garlic, 1 heaping tsp red pepper flakes. I di...
I used this recipe tonight for dinner (for two), and it was delish!! I used some fresh cooked salmon I had left from dinner the other night, which worked perfectly. I will definitely make this o...
I added 1tsp ground cumin because I love cumin, and after making it I now think it might have been a little too plain without it (which is why I gave four stars). This is a good basic recipe to ...
I used same recipe but substituted the crackers for oatmeal and added a teaspoon of old bay, yummy
Very tasty. I chose this recipe because of the ease and the minimal ingredients as opposed to the other salmon cake recipes on this site. I used two 14 oz cans of salmon but I only used 2 eggs ...
Excellent recipe! I substituted the salmon for a 5.5 oz can of Grace Mackerel in tomato sauce. I used everything in the can. In addition I had no crackers so I substituted that for 1/4 cup of br...
Had most of can leftover and needed used, didn’t really measure any ingredients just guestimated. Turned out really good, probably the best salmon cakes I’ve ever had. Threw on to some toasted b...