Ingredients20 m servings 957
- Mix onion, salmon, crackers, egg, butter, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl; form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties in the hot oil until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust number of crackers for personal taste: more crackers equals less salmon taste, fewer means stronger salmon taste!
- I use olive oil rather than vegetable oil.
- Substitute the onion with 1 teaspoon onion powder, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 957 calories; 72.7 26.6 49.3 291 1025 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
These were great! Had some leftover Salmon and wanted something to do with it. Made them for a friend and we both really liked them. Will definitely make them often with leftover salmon. They we...
Hubby loved it so it gets 5 stars. (No seafood for this girl). After reading the reviews I just added a few spices that hubby enjoys. Onion powder, garlic, 1 heaping tsp red pepper flakes. I di...
I used this recipe tonight for dinner (for two), and it was delish!! I used some fresh cooked salmon I had left from dinner the other night, which worked perfectly. I will definitely make this o...
I added 1tsp ground cumin because I love cumin, and after making it I now think it might have been a little too plain without it (which is why I gave four stars). This is a good basic recipe to ...
I used same recipe but substituted the crackers for oatmeal and added a teaspoon of old bay, yummy
Very tasty. I chose this recipe because of the ease and the minimal ingredients as opposed to the other salmon cake recipes on this site. I used two 14 oz cans of salmon but I only used 2 eggs ...
Excellent recipe! I substituted the salmon for a 5.5 oz can of Grace Mackerel in tomato sauce. I used everything in the can. In addition I had no crackers so I substituted that for 1/4 cup of br...
I really liked this but next time will use some Old Bay seasoning and less crackers (I used about 10). Hint: Be careful of the heat. Mine was a little too high.