Spicy Apricot Squash Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 240 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, oat bran, ginger, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Place butternut squash into a pot with just enough water to almost cover the squash; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and mash squash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Mix squash and apricot jam together in a bowl.
- Whisk cream, sugar, and eggs into the squash mixture until light and creamy; stir into flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into each muffin cup, filling each cup to about 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool muffins in muffin cups before removing.
- Cook's Note:
- I used organic pre-cubed squash that could be replaced with fresh butternut squash with good results.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 5.2 g fat; 46.4 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 160 mg sodium. Full nutrition