Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 10 m servings 659 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- In a large bowl combine the whisked eggs, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Add the ground pork and breadcrumbs and mix together until evenly combined.
- Form the ground pork mixture into small meatballs, each the size of a golf ball.
- Insert a mozzarella ball in the center of each meatball, taking care to re-form the meatball around the cheese once its been added. (The cheese should not be visible.)
- Place the tomato sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker and add the meatballs on top.
- Turn the slow cooker on and cook over high heat for 6 hours or low heat for 8 hours. Carefully rotate the meatballs after half the cooking time to make sure they cook evenly.
- To serve, place three meatballs plus sauce in a submarine bun.
Per Serving: 659 calories; 29.8 g fat; 52.9 g carbohydrates; 44.3 g protein; 168 mg cholesterol; 1803 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1