Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 279
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a bowl. Beat cream, vanilla yogurt, and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour flour mixture into cream mixture and mix until a sticky dough forms; fold in peaches.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough, working in batches, into the hot oil and fry until fritters are golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove fritters with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Watch the oil temperature well with a candy thermometer. Keep the temperature between 325 degrees F (163 degrees C) and 375 degrees F (191 degrees C). Take the pan off the heat and reduce the temperature of the fryer's heating element to reduce the heat of the oil.
- If the sweetener in the yogurt and dough was not enough for your taste, dip top of warm fritter in a small bowl of cinnamon-sugar or powdered sugar.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 19.6 22.1 4.1 45 204 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I baked half of the batch in the oven and fried the other half. Just for trial purposes