Ingredients1 h servings 100 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk milk and lemon juice together in a bowl. Beat vegetable oil, egg whites, lemon zest, and vanilla extract into milk mixture.
- Combine gluten-free baking flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is well mixed, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into lined cups to about 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in the freezer for up to one month or in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used Jeanne's gluten-free flour blend. The gluten-free flour mix recipe from Allrecipes.com can also be used.
- Cook's Note: Jeanne's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix: 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour 1 1/4 cup white rice flour 1 cup tapioca flour 1 cup sweet rice flour 2 scant teaspoons xanthan gum
- The batter can also be mixed in a stand mixer.
Per Serving: 100 calories; 4.8 g fat; 13.6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 144 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
AR: please use the original recipe that was submitted!! This published recipe has the lemon juice and zest reduced. With the reduction of lemon juice, these can not be called lemon cupcakes, th...
Lemony goodness in a gluten free form. I originally made a batch of these exactly as written, using the flour mix by the submitter, but the texture was off as well as there seemed to be too much...
I used my standard GF flour mix of Sorghum, Rice & Tapioca flour. The texture was a bit spongy. Also I added Lemon extract, but it is still a very subtle lemon flavor. Glad I added a raspberr...
If I were to make these cupcakes again, I would double the recipe because they turned out a little small. Besides that, I wouldn't change a thing, all in all, these were superb cupcakes. (p.s....
Came out just right and were delicious. Only thing is substituted vanilla for lemon extract. I also used freshly squeezed lemon juice.