Corn Meal Supper Biscuits
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 75 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, corn meal mix and sugar in medium bowl; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk; stir with fork until a soft dough forms and mixture pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter; place biscuits on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- * You can use 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening instead of 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening.
- TIP: To substitute for buttermilk, use 2 1/2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 4.9 g fat; 15.1 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 267 mg sodium. Full nutrition