Gluten-Free, Allergy-Friendly Trail Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
"I came up with this recipe, since it's hard to find quick-and-easy snacks without gluten or peanuts. These bars are so good that even my friends who don't have food allergies love them! If you have tree-nut allergies, you can substitute sunflower seeds and/or sesame seeds. There are so many variations on this recipe!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 284 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir sunflower seed spread, honey, agave nectar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add oats and stir to coat oats completely.
- Stir cranberries, chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and cashews into oats mixture. Turn oat mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down until evenly spread out and compact.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute honey for the agave syrup.
- You can substitute any dried fruit for the dried cranberries.
- For the newbies out there, make sure all your ingredients are allergen-free and not processed on shared equipment. Bob's Red Mill® oats and Simply Organic® pure vanilla extract are gluten-free.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 13.3 g fat; 40.4 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 83 mg sodium. Full nutrition