Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 322
- Whisk 1 cup cream and egg yolks together in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine half-and-half, 1 cup cream, and red hot candies in a large saucepan over medium-low; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until candies dissolve, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup red hot candies mixture into the cream-egg mixture; whisk until mixture is evenly combined. Pour cream-egg mixture into red hot candies mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir until a film forms on the back of a spoon when dipped into the mixture, keeping just under a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Pour red hot candies mixture through a sieve into a bowl to collect any undissolved candies. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour red hot candies mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers' instructions.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 24.1 24.5 2.9 124 48 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We love love love this ice cream! Just enough red hot flavor and very easy to make. Since I didn't have half-and-half I used 2% milk instead and you can't even tell that it's lightened up. Serio...
LOVE THIS!!!!!! It was so simple to make and absolutely delicious! Super rich and creamy, just the way homemade ice cream should be. I wanted to make this b/c it reminded me of a chain restaura...
We made this for our July 4th cookout. This ice cream is delicious!! Made it in our gallon size freezer and wanted a full batch so used a pint of heavy cream, a quart of half and half and finish...
I love everything about this recipe- from the red color to the red hot cinnamon taste. The texture is creamy and the ice cream smells divine! Warning: Extremely yummy. Extremely addictive.