Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 52 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place giblets and neck in a saucepan with enough water to cover by 2 inches; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until cooked through, 30 to 45 minutes. Transfer giblets and neck to a cutting board.
- Finely mince heart, liver, and gizzard meat; reserve 1/3 cup minced meat. Remove meat from neck and finely mince. Mash neck meat in a mortar with a pestle.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute green bell pepper in hot oil until fragrant and slightly softened, about 1 minute. Pour water and broth into saucepan. Immediately whisk cornstarch and flour into broth mixture until smooth.
- Stir minced meat, mashed neck meat, cubed turkey, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried parsley flakes into broth mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, whisking occasionally, until gravy is thick, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute low-sodium chicken broth for the turkey broth.
Per Serving: 52 calories; 1.6 g fat; 2.9 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 374 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1