Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 621
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until finely ground.
- Place cookie dough onto a work surface and knead pecans into dough. Roll dough back into a log, similar to the original shape. Slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Spread apricot preserves on the top of half of the cooled cookies. Place a second cookie over the apricot layer creating a sandwich. Dip half of each sandwich cookie into the melted chocolate and place on a sheet of waxed paper to dry.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I use apricot and a 'Holiday Jam' which consists of cranberries, sugar, and orange liqueur.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the melted chocolate. The actual amount of chocolate consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 621 calories; 37.4 75 5.3 7 237 Full nutrition