Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat; saute rump roast until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves into meat and vegetables; cook and stir until meat and vegetables are coated in seasonings, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock, enchilada sauce, green chile peppers, and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until meat is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Stir pinto beans into soup, mashing beans to thicken if desired; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe is flavorful, but not hot. Increase cayenne pepper amount to add heat.
- I double the recipe and freeze half for camping or easy dinner for company.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 14.7 28.4 22.3 33 790 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made as written and this turned out perfectly. The beef was SUPER tender. You really do need to top it with all of your favorite toppings though in my opinion. I topped mine with avocado, cheese...