Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 309
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix, water, 3 eggs, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla extract together in a blender until cheesecake filling is smooth; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheesecake filling into each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Frost each cupcake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over each cupcake.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use other kinds of vanilla but you will probably need to add a bit more. I find Mexican vanilla also has the best flavor.
- I use fat-free cream cheese typically, but any kind works well. Cold cream cheese will take much longer to blend smooth than room temperature.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 18.1 36.3 3.3 41 263 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great reviews for these very moist cupcakes. I didn't have chocolate cake mix so used yellow which was just as good. I used 4 eggs for the cake mix part. I frosted the cupcakes with Nutella, ...
Wonderful! I suggest lowering the baking time to roughly 22 minutes; I found that they were fluffier, had more cheesecake flavor, and were less likely to stick to the cupcake paper than my fir...
These cupcakes are absolutely amazing!! I made them for my daughter's birthday. We colored the frosting and used some sixlets for the top. Thanks for sharing!