Gluten-Free Vegan Stock for the Slow Cooker
Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 110 cals
- Coat the bottom of a slow cooker crock with olive oil. Put celery, carrots, potato, onion, lettuce, beer, shallots, fennel, bell pepper, apple, parsley, peppercorns, lemon, ginger, tamari, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and bay leaf into the slow cooker crock. Pour water over the ingredients.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 hours.
- Remove and discard all solid chunks from the liquid using a slotted spoon.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and set over a large pot; strain broth through the cheesecloth.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the vegetables. The actual amount of vegetable nutrients consumed will vary.
- As with all diet-specific recipes, check any processed ingredients to assure they adhere to your dietary standards.
- Cook's Note:
- Store stock in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 3.7 g fat; 17.3 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 330 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm the submitter of this recipe. There is an error in the ingredients list. It should read 10 whole peppercorns not 10 Tablespoons. I've asked AR to change this. Thank you. UPDATE: The ingredie...