Ingredients25 m servings 703
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat butter in a large wide saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 7 minutes stirring frequently until crisp. Drain all but 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of fat from the pan. Add wine to the pan, if using; stir until wine is nearly evaporated. Turn heat to low.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk cream with eggs, Parmesan, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to the pan with the pancetta. Increase heat to medium. Add cream mixture; stir 2 to 3 minutes until sauce thickens and pasta is coated in sauce. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
- If serving with a crisp green salad, add some radicchio or endive to it for a nice contrasting flavour.
- Like your food spicy? Try buying hot pancetta instead of regular.
- 3 ounces bacon, cut into thin strips, can be substituted for diced pancetta
Per Serving: 703 calories; 34 67.7 26.8 174 891 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Almost exactly what I was looking for. Everybody liked it. Next time: double the bacon. I had aready increased the amount by 50%. And another thing: I used horrible sandwich Cheddar and it work...
Very quick to prepare. And my family and friends love it! Tip: double the bacon quantity.