Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 23 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 cup)
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in hot oil until the onion begins to turn translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir salt, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cayenne pepper, and celery seed into the onion mixture; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is completely softened, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir blueberries and brown sugar into the onion mixture. Mash the berries as they cook until completely softened, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the blueberry mixture with an immersion blender until the mixture is thick with no large chunks. Stir balsamic vinegar into blueberry mixture, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until thickened to your liking, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Aleppo pepper can be used in place of cayenne.
- Use 1 teaspoon ground ginger in place of the fresh if desired.
Per Serving: 23 calories; 0.6 g fat; 4.5 g carbohydrates; 0.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 98 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1