Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, peppercorns, and cloves in melted butter until onions are browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir flour into the onion mixture; cook and stir until the flour is completely moistened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stream beef broth into the skillet while stirring the onion mixture; cook, stirring continually, until the broth thickens into a gravy, 5 to 10 minutes. Add water to thin the gravy as needed to keep it from becoming paste-like.
- Stir 1 tablespoon parsley into the gravy; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the parsley imparts flavor to the gravy, 5 to 10 minutes; strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean saucepan. Discard vegetables.
- Place the saucepan over low heat. Season sauce with salt, pepper, and most of the remaining parsley. Stir red wine into the sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms in hot oil until completely tender, about 5 minutes. Stir mushrooms into the sauce; garnish with remaining parsley after spooning over steaks.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the vegetables from making the sauce. The actual amount of the vegetables consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 27.1 14.6 3.4 61 389 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1