Chef John's Grilled Flap Steak
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 380 cals
- Whisk curry paste, fish sauce, rice vinegar, coconut milk, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt together in a large shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add the flap steak and turn to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours.
- Remove the flap meat from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook flap steak on the preheated grill until it starts to firm and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer meat to a plate to rest for at least five minutes before slicing against the grain.
- You can marinate the steak for 1 hour at room temperature instead of in the refrigerator.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 23.3 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 51.1 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 928 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love Chef John! I have always made my mom's meatloaf but (sorry Mom) this is the one I will always make!
Turned out fan-freaking-tastic. Couldn't find Gem Lettuce, used Romaine instead. Will make again! And again! Found the meat at Costco.
This was a dinner party recipe that was a HIT! I only had time to marinate for 4hrs, but it was flavorful, easy, and beef tender. I can only imagine overnight marinade would be even better (if...
So tasty! I had to substitute the green curry paste with red curry paste , because I wasn't able to find the green. (I went to 3 markets) Regardless it turned out great!