Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 h 10 m servings 213
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place navy beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain navy beans and put into a pot with 5 cups water.
- Bring water to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine beans, onion, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a 2-quart casserole dish with a lid; season with pepper. Place lid on dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 5 to 7 hours, stirring halfway through and adding water if mixture is too dry. Remove lid and bake until mixture has reduced to desired thickness, about 1 hour more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Vegetable broth can be substituted for the water.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 1 42.1 10.6 0 13 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious! I made these in a slow cooker. I plugged in my slow cooker to heat up, put my soaked beans in the pressure cooker to cook, and in the meantime cut up the onion and garlic. All ingredi...