Ingredients50 m servings 573 cals
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, retaining the drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine beans and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir the cooked rice and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in the reserved bacon drippings until evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush vegetable oil over each tortilla and arrange tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas in the preheated oven until warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Place black bean mixture, rice mixture, bacon, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and Cheddar cheese each in separate bowls; serve with tortillas.
- Cook's Note:
- I use the Taco Seasoning I recipe for my taco seasoning. Add more taco seasoning for a more intense flavor.
Per Serving: 573 calories; 24.9 g fat; 60.2 g carbohydrates; 26.7 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 1148 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It's a crowd pleaser... tastes good and everyone can choose their own toppings! Best with the recipe Taco Seasoning I on all recipes as the taco seasoning.
I love bacon . bacon is so good . I almost eat everything with bacon well not ever thing .