Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 789
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt into melted butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, reduce heat to low, and simmer caramel sauce without stirring until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir 1/3 cup coconut, peanuts, 2 tablespoons almonds, vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice into caramel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and vegetable oil together in a large pot over high heat. Pour popcorn into hot oil, cover the pot with a lid, and shake pot constantly over heat until all popcorn is popped, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce over hot popcorn and quickly stir to coat. Turn popcorn out onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle 1/3 cup coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons almonds over popcorn.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Broil popcorn until coconut and popcorn are lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Melt chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and shortening together in a saucepan until all are melted and the chocolate sauce is thin and pourable. Drizzle chocolate sauce and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup coconut over popcorn; dust with confectioners' sugar. Lift parchment paper off of the baking sheets and transfer popcorn to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 45 minutes. Break into palm-sized chunks and store in airtight containers.
- Cook's Notes:
- Using parchment paper on the baking sheets is key.
- Make sure the popcorn is hot while mixing it with the caramel to ensure a more even coating.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 789 calories; 46.2 97.2 4.5 65 864 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I make this every winter and follow the recipe exactly. It’s amazing and sooo addictive. The caramel popcorn is so light and basically melts in your mouth like cotton candy. I keep the broken u...
I made it today but it turned out soft and chewy. Never had that issue before. It does taste good, though.