Ingredients25 m servings 406 cals
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade, shaking to remove excess marinade, and place, skin-side up, into the hot oil; cook for 4 minutes. Discard unused marinade in the shallow dish. Flip salmon and drizzle the reserved 1/4 of the marinade over salmon; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip salmon, remove skin, and cook 1 minute more.
- Cook's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 18.5 g fat; 14.7 g carbohydrates; 43.7 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 1879 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I usually just make salmon with lemon pepper or salt and pepper with olive oil, but wanted to know some great ways to prepare salmon using sesame oil. I made this salmon without the ginger (we d...
Just curious why it’s called grilled sesame chicken and it’s not grilled. Other than that it turned out well in the pan!
Perfect, flaky fish with the timings given and, surprisingly, despite the short marinade time, just the right amount of flavor. I was concerned as I had no ginger, that the soy would be too str...
I followed the instructions. The glazed burned the salmon. I had to cut off the burned crust.