Ingredients55 m servings 487
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry chicken in the hot oil, working in batches, until no longer pink in the center and is crispy on the outside, 10 to 15 minutes per batch. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon; set aside until cool enough to touch.
- Stir margarine, hot sauce, garlic, onion soup mix, lemon juice, and basil together in a bowl until sauce is smooth.
- Put chicken in a large resealable bag; add the sauce, seal the bag, and shake until wings are coated. Spread wings into a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce has baked onto the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 39.1 4.4 28.4 117 857 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
My only change was to bake them longer than the 5 minutes in the recipe.... I think they need 10-15 minutes in the oven, turned once
I used real butter in place of margerine, and onion powder in place of onion soup mix. This is a twist on a classic buffalo wing recipe. The basil is necessary!
Zero changes! Personally, I don't eat hot wings but some in this family unit do. Based on their reaction, I would say this one is an absolute winner. I made no changes and the recipe is exce...
Made these twice in one week... NBA playoffs! They are cheap, easy and delicious!! I did not vary the recipe at all- no need to! These are my new favorite wings, and I will continue to make t...
Finally found a sure-fire way to make wings. Baking at the end glazes the wings nicely. I'm going to finish them quickly on the grill next time for a little char. Great recipe!
Amazing recipe! My husband has declared himself WING KING and he just named these wings as the best he's ever had! I used real butter instead of margarine. That's the only change I made. They ...
Awesome recipe I only used 3 cloves of garlic, and lime instead of lemon juice. They turned out great the cooking time in my fryer is 12 minutes at 350 degrees spot on. With 3 cloves of garlic i...