Citrus-Ginger Ginger Snaps
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 114
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Beat candied ginger, grated ginger, lemon zest, ground ginger, and cinnamon into butter mixture; stir in molasses.
- Fold flour and baking soda into ginger-butter mixture until a stiff dough forms. Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll dough balls in the sugar and place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies flatten, lose their sheen, and slightly crack, about 12 minutes. Cool for 3 to 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute orange zest for the lemon zest.
- You can add 1 teaspoon ground ginger and/or 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the 1/2 cup sugar before rolling the cookie dough balls in the sugar.
- You may like to try to make these cookies larger. They make great ice cream sandwiches. I like to fill my ice cream sandwich with pumpkin ice cream to celebrate the holidays!
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 4.1 18.9 1 15 101 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1