Ingredients15 m servings 708 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toast walnuts in oven for 5 to 8 minutes until the walnuts are lightly toasted.
- In a food processor, pulse together bread crumbs, walnuts and zest from 1 lemon until well-blended.
- Pour walnut mixture into a medium dish and toss with parsley and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Prepare Barilla(R) PLUS(R) Penne according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to cooking pot.
- Pour olive oil into a large saute pan while the pasta is cooking. Add leeks and asparagus, and saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add peas and zucchini; saute for another 5 minutes until all of the vegetables are slightly softened; season with salt and black pepper.
- Add zest of second lemon and reserved cooking liquid; stir gently until combined.
- Add vegetables to pasta; toss to combine. Gently stir in mint and basil. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve 1 cup of pasta mixture into individual serving bowls. Top with 2 tablespoons of the walnut mixture.
Per Serving: 708 calories; 26.8 g fat; 93.2 g carbohydrates; 28.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 214 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was tasty! The best part of this dish was the toasted walnut crumble topping! It really added a nice different dimension of flavor and texture to the pasta, not to mention it smelt wonderfu...
I followed the recipe exactly except that I didn't grind the nuts in a processor; I just smashed them with mortar and pestle. Yummy yummy recipe! Note that this does not make 4 servings....it ma...
I must say, this wasn't one of my favorite dishes. I'm generally not a fan of nuts in dishes, nor am I really into asparagus, so maybe I should have stayed away from this recipe, but I wasn't r...