Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 537
- Place steaks, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, thyme, mustard, and black pepper in an extra large resealable plastic bag, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Knead the bag with your hands to distribute ingredients evenly and completely coat the steaks. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove steaks from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade.
- Cook steaks on the preheated grill until they start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 6 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove steaks to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 537 calories; 36.4 4.2 47.3 155 376 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Delicious! I marinated mine all day, and used a bit of Italian seasoning in place of the thyme b/c I did not have any on hand. I sliced this for on top of our steak salads, and that was wonderfu...
The weather didn¹t cooperate the night we were planning to have this steak, so I held it over until the next night. It marinated for a total of 32 hours. I made this as written, but omitted the...
This was fine, but nothing special. I marinated overnight and the meat was nicely seasoned.
My husband and I absolutely LOVE this marinade and I have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has ever tried it too! The meat turns out so flavorful and tender every time. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and...
I followed the recipe minus the time and the meat was tender and some of the best Ive had. Everyone loved them!
I love this marinade! I only had time to marinate the beef for about an hour, which I often find is not long enough for the flavors to soak in. However, the steak was nicely seasoned and the ar...
Flat iron steak can be very tender if not overcooked and if cut across the grain. However, it's not a very flavorful steak by itself (at least in my opinion). I followed this recipe as given, an...