Western Style Flat Iron Steaks
Ingredients50 m servings 634
- Rub steaks all over with beef bouillon powder.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, molasses, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cilantro, black pepper, and sage together in a shallow baking dish until marinade is thick and well-combined. Place steaks in marinade and turn to coat completely. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature to marinate meat, about 15 minutes.
- Cook the steaks on the preheated grill, basting frequently with marinade, until steaks start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 6 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove steaks to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 634 calories; 44.2 12.8 48.3 155 303 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
FANTASTIC! Made exactly as written except for halving the recipe for a 1# flat iron steak and marinating it all day long. So super moist, tender and just absolutely delicious! The whole family g...
So delicious! Was a complete hit! Followed the recipe exactly with the exception of a little less garlic and no sage only because I didn't have any and still turned out great! Thanks for this...
I made these for dinner and was very impressed with the results. I didn't have cilantro, so I snipped in some fresh chives. The only other difference in prep from the way the recipe was written ...
Made almost as directed. marinade seemed a little scant, so couldn't baste while cooking. What we liked about it was that no one flavor stood out, it was just a unique flavor. Will certainly mak...