Ingredients45 m servings 415
- Stir beef and eggs together in a bowl. Whisk cornstarch and water together; stir into beef mixture.
- Pour oil 2 to 3 inches deep in a wok; heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook beef strips in oil, working in batches, until brown and crisp, about 4 minutes; remove to drain and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; stir in carrots, green onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Stir beef strips into vegetables; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- It is easier to slice beef thinly when it is partially frozen.
- Red bell peppers are nice in this dish, too. Add more carrot and green onion if you like.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the coating ingredients. The actual amount of the coating consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 15.3 41.6 26.7 122 676 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was delicious and perfect served over rice. The mixture of cornstarch and water was a little concerning as it hardened immediately, but once added to the egg & beef mixture it was fine. Th...
My kids liked it but my husband and I found the sauce too sweet and we did not like the coating for the meat. It wasn't crispy.
I fried beef in about 1 cup of olive oil. I used baby carrots cut in half, baby red, yellow and orange peppers cut in rings, and substituted 1/2 jalapeño and 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped, for th...