Italian-Style Stuffed Zucchini (Kid-Friendly)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 248
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out the center using a spoon to create a "boat". Lay each half, face-up, on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, crackers, corn, olives, mushrooms, salsa, garlic, Italian seasoning, and oregano together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir tomato mixture in a skillet over medium heat until all liquid evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon tomato mixture into zucchini "boats". Top each "boat" with Gouda cheese.
- Bake stuffed zucchini "boats" in the oven until tender and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any fruity salsa instead of the mango-peach salsa.
- You could peel the zucchini before baking, if you wish.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 11.7 31.5 7.7 9 470 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used 1 whopping zucchini from the garden (see photo). I would have added more mushrooms. Also, the smoke gouda is a must! I had a bit of the filling left over and I mixed it with some cous ...