Flapper Pie II
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 403 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for the top of pie. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In the top of a double boiler, mix the egg yolks, 1/2 cup white sugar, the cornstarch and salt. Very slowly and gradually and while stirring constantly, add the milk. Continue to stir until the mixture come to a boil or the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Pour into pie crust.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup white sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, covering completely. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown in spots. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 17 g fat; 57.9 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 293 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was my first attempt at a Custard Pie. My husbands mother used to make it and they called it "graham cracker pie". It turned out pretty good, made the first one as a tester for hubby to t...
I've been looking for this pie for years! A real kid favorite, however, I have cut the crust recipe in half, but that's our own family's taste. This is fabulous thank you!!
Flapper Pie was a favorite with my family as a child and my kids love it, too. This recipe is very close to mine but try adding 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the pie crust, and 1 tsp. of vanilla to the c...
This recipe is okay, I liked it, but Flapper Pie I, (on this site)is 100 times better! I think it may be the difference in the crusts