Falafel Cobb Salad
"This is my take on an American-Mediterranean fusion. Well, we were also low in the protein area that night, so this was created. Considering the dish is a salad, it is still plenty filling and full of fresh flavors. The time spent making it is all in the prep work, then just simply assemble."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 396
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix water and falafel mix together in a bowl; let stand for 10 minutes. Form mixture into 12 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry falafel patties, working in batches, in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cooked falafel to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon; season with salt. Cool falafel to room temperature; break into pieces.
- Whisk sour cream, milk, cucumber, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a bowl until dressing is smooth and creamy; refrigerate.
- Spread greens onto serving plates. Arrange tomatoes, avocado, bacon, eggs, feta cheese, and falafel in rows over the greens. Drizzle dressing over each salad.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Spinach or iceberg lettuce can also be used in place of mixed greens if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 27.5 23.5 19.9 141 973 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
AWESOME! I really LOVE this take on the traditional cobb salad! I made my own falafel using 'Pan-Fried Falafel' from this site, and it was great. I made the falafel pretty small and cut them in ...