Falafel Cobb Salad
Ingredients30 m servings 396 cals
- Mix water and falafel mix together in a bowl; let stand for 10 minutes. Form mixture into 12 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry falafel patties, working in batches, in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cooked falafel to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon; season with salt. Cool falafel to room temperature; break into pieces.
- Whisk sour cream, milk, cucumber, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a bowl until dressing is smooth and creamy; refrigerate.
- Spread greens onto serving plates. Arrange tomatoes, avocado, bacon, eggs, feta cheese, and falafel in rows over the greens. Drizzle dressing over each salad.
- Cook's Note:
- Spinach or iceberg lettuce can also be used in place of mixed greens if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 27.5 g fat; 23.5 g carbohydrates; 19.9 g protein; 141 mg cholesterol; 973 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
AWESOME! I really LOVE this take on the traditional cobb salad! I made my own falafel using 'Pan-Fried Falafel' from this site, and it was great. I made the falafel pretty small and cut them in ...