Mascarpone Brulee with Fresh Berries
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 486 cals
- Mix strawberries, blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and orange juice together in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 2 hours to overnight.
- Stir mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Spread mascarpone mixture over the top of each shortcake half; sprinkle about 1 teaspoon sugar over the top to cover. Caramelize the sugar using a kitchen torch, 20 to 30 seconds per shortcake. Place each shortcake in a shallow bowl and surround with berries and accumulated juices.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find fresh berries those mixed frozen berries will fill in nicely. You can substitute any berries for the blackberries.
- You can substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone. You can substitute plain scones for the shortcakes.
Per Serving: 486 calories; 31.1 g fat; 48.7 g carbohydrates; 7.2 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 196 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Just delicious. I didn't have lemon so I just used a little more vanilla in the cheese as well as more sugar and it was great. I also don't own a little torch so I put it under the broiler for a...