Sausage-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 128
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 stuffed peppers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute sausage, green onion, and a pinch of salt in hot oil until meat is browned and crumbly and onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix rice, goat cheese, egg, 2 tablespoons parsley, garlic, cumin, 1 teaspoon blood orange zest, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Spoon rice mixture into each pepper. Place stuffed peppers in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Scatter almonds over the top, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until stuffed peppers are heated through and filling is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon blood orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, and remaining parsley over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute any spicy ground sausage for the chorizo. You can substitute any orange zest for the blood orange zest.
- If piquillo peppers are torn, just place a spoonful of filling in the center of the pepper and wrap the sides around the filling.
Per Serving: 128 calories; 9.4 6.8 5 28 928 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1