Low-Carb Tuna and Mackerel Cakes
Ingredients25 m servings 242
- Mix mackerel, onion, tuna, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, Dijon mustard, seasoning blend, paprika, and basil together in a bowl. Add pork rind crumbs, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, until mixture holds together. Form mixture into balls and flatten into 1/2-inch-thick cakes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and grease with cooking spray. Arrange cakes in the hot skillet and spray each cake with cooking spray.
- Cook cakes, working in batches if needed, in the hot skillet until browned, 3 to 5 minutes; gently flatten cakes with the back of a fork. Flip cakes and cook until other side is browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cakes to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any seasoning that you have on hand and increase or decrease the amounts to suit your tastes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pork rinds. The actual amount of pork rinds used will vary.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 14.3 2.2 24.8 103 593 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Splendid recipe - worked quite well, BUT did not fry them. This made enough to bake six large mackerel/tuna muffins in a large muffin tin. Heat was 400 degrees and bake time was 30 minutes. Ma...
These are very very tasty. I didn't have pork rinds, so I added a little coconut flour. The seasoning is perfect. Mine were crumbly, but that might be because I used coconut flour.
Some of us loved these little fish cakes while the tuna purists took one bite and made a face. I followed the recipe exactly, but doubled. One batch would have been plenty. They held together m...
I have made this twice, but with some substitutions! I'm not a fan of mackerel so I just used the tuna. I also didn't have Mrs. Dash, so I used a dash of onion powder and garlic powder, a pinch ...
I did not need to make any changed to this recipe. It was very flavorful. I will save this to my favorites for sure!
I used Old Bay seasoning instead of Mrs. Dash and brushed the cakes with olive oil since I didn't have any spray. They turned out pretty good
Put on a white corn tortilla with fresh veggies and balsamic vinegar glaze. Delicious!