Low-Carb Tuna and Mackerel Cakes
Ingredients25 m servings 242
- Mix mackerel, onion, tuna, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, Dijon mustard, seasoning blend, paprika, and basil together in a bowl. Add pork rind crumbs, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, until mixture holds together. Form mixture into balls and flatten into 1/2-inch-thick cakes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and grease with cooking spray. Arrange cakes in the hot skillet and spray each cake with cooking spray.
- Cook cakes, working in batches if needed, in the hot skillet until browned, 3 to 5 minutes; gently flatten cakes with the back of a fork. Flip cakes and cook until other side is browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cakes to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any seasoning that you have on hand and increase or decrease the amounts to suit your tastes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pork rinds. The actual amount of pork rinds used will vary.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 14.3 2.2 24.8 103 593 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
Splendid recipe - worked quite well, BUT did not fry them. This made enough to bake six large mackerel/tuna muffins in a large muffin tin. Heat was 400 degrees and bake time was 30 minutes. Ma...
I have made this twice, but with some substitutions! I'm not a fan of mackerel so I just used the tuna. I also didn't have Mrs. Dash, so I used a dash of onion powder and garlic powder, a pinch ...
These are very very tasty. I didn't have pork rinds, so I added a little coconut flour. The seasoning is perfect. Mine were crumbly, but that might be because I used coconut flour.
Some of us loved these little fish cakes while the tuna purists took one bite and made a face. I followed the recipe exactly, but doubled. One batch would have been plenty. They held together m...
Added two tbsp. Almond flour in place of pork crisps. These were the best fish cakes we have ever had.
I did not need to make any changed to this recipe. It was very flavorful. I will save this to my favorites for sure!
I used Old Bay seasoning instead of Mrs. Dash and brushed the cakes with olive oil since I didn't have any spray. They turned out pretty good