Ingredients2 h servings 520
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat until batter is evenly mixed, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 31 to 36 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until evenly combined and thickened; beat in cream cheese until filling is smooth. Fold whipped topping into filling.
- Spread almonds and coconut onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut cake into bite-size pieces; spread 1 layer, 1-cube deep, into a trifle dish or glass bowl. Spoon a layer of filling, about the same depth as cake layer, over cake layer. Sprinkle a layer of almonds, coconut, and toffee bits over filling. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Cook's Note:
- The Allrecipes Carrot Cake III recipe can also be used in place of the boxed mix.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 35.4 44.7 7.3 87 445 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Yaaaaaaaaaas! I just brought this to Christmas dinner and it was a huge hit. My aunt stole a huge chunk of it for a post-Christmas meal with other relatives today, my parents took some home, and...
Made for Christmas eve dinner.... Exactly as directed and everyone loved it, even my ex-husband who hates carrot cake had 3 servings!
so friggin' awesome....one of the best desserts I've ever had!!
Made this for a potluck and everyone wanted the recipe. They also want me to make it again...a hit!
AMAZING!!!!! I made this for Easter & it was awesome!! Something different, beautiful & everyone loved!!! Thank you for this great recipe! The only change I made, was to make my own carrot c...
Absolutely delicious. Made it for Christmas Eve and it was a hit. Only thing I did different was omit the coconut because of an allergy and added more toffee bits and almonds. Outstanding!!
This is so good. My trifle bowl was overfull and I could not fit all the cake in there. I think it needs more cream cheese flavor and will either add more cream cheese or maybe see if there is...