Ingredients2 h servings 520
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat until batter is evenly mixed, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 31 to 36 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until evenly combined and thickened; beat in cream cheese until filling is smooth. Fold whipped topping into filling.
- Spread almonds and coconut onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut cake into bite-size pieces; spread 1 layer, 1-cube deep, into a trifle dish or glass bowl. Spoon a layer of filling, about the same depth as cake layer, over cake layer. Sprinkle a layer of almonds, coconut, and toffee bits over filling. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Cook's Note:
- The Allrecipes Carrot Cake III recipe can also be used in place of the boxed mix.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 35.4 44.7 7.3 87 445 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Yaaaaaaaaaas! I just brought this to Christmas dinner and it was a huge hit. My aunt stole a huge chunk of it for a post-Christmas meal with other relatives today, my parents took some home, and...
so friggin' awesome....one of the best desserts I've ever had!!
Made for Christmas eve dinner.... Exactly as directed and everyone loved it, even my ex-husband who hates carrot cake had 3 servings!
Made this for a potluck and everyone wanted the recipe. They also want me to make it again...a hit!
AMAZING!!!!! I made this for Easter & it was awesome!! Something different, beautiful & everyone loved!!! Thank you for this great recipe! The only change I made, was to make my own carrot c...
Absolutely delicious. Made it for Christmas Eve and it was a hit. Only thing I did different was omit the coconut because of an allergy and added more toffee bits and almonds. Outstanding!!
This is so good. My trifle bowl was overfull and I could not fit all the cake in there. I think it needs more cream cheese flavor and will either add more cream cheese or maybe see if there is...