Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 357
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix egg and water together in a bowl.
- Beat cream cheese, white sugar, and lemon juice together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Roll each puff pastry into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture down the center of a long side of each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Top each of the cream cheese layers with 1/2 of the cherries and 1/2 of the walnuts.
- Fold opposite end of each puff pastry over the filling, brushing the edges with egg mixture to seal. Tuck the ends underneath the roll and place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the tops of each strudel with egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cool strudels on baking sheet set on a wire rack, at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until desired consistency for glaze is reached; drizzle over strudels.
- Cook's Note:
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 25.1 28 7.3 27 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Didn't have puff pastry so I used a crescent roll sheet and made half the recipe using blackberry all fruit spread. Only baked for 25 minutes. Everyone loved it. Very easy and quick.
The whole point of the strudel is the phyllo dough. This is not a French recipe. Strudel is light and airy; butter rich dough destroys the end product.
This was a very quick and tasty recipe. I cut the recipe in half, which was easy. I did chop up the cherries rather than use them whole. I was concerned about the amount of walnuts, but found th...