Ingredients15 m servings 795 cals
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with sea salt.
- Add black pepper to a 12- to 14-inch skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add olive oil and butter; stir occasionally until the butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup (125ml) of the pasta cooking water.
- Add 1/4 cup (50ml) of the reserved pasta cooking water to the olive oil and butter mixture; add linguine and stir.
- Stir in the pecorino Romano cheese and Parmigiano-Romano cheese; add a splash or two more of the reserved pasta cooking water if necessary to loosen the sauce. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 795 calories; 43 g fat; 86.6 g carbohydrates; 18.8 g protein; 58 mg cholesterol; 4249 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Wow, I am so surprised with how good this is!! Toasting the crushed peppercorns is brilliant! This opens up the pepper and releases the oil from the peppercorn into the olive oil, infusing it wi...
I decided to revisit this one, as i butchered it last weekend. i wasn't in my own kitchen, i forgot to save some of the pasta water and had no fresh cracked black pepper and both of these elemen...
This was excellent. The pepper seemed like a lot but I wanted to try the recipe as is. We found the pepper isn't overpowering - you would never guess there was that much in it. I usually buy ...
Sometimes less is really more! This was fabulous with just a few ingredients. You can taste the quality of the Barilla Pasta! Will make again and again as a side or add some protein for an easy ...
Nice change to red or white sauce. Not saucey at all in fact. We found it a little too oily for our pasta pleasure but I understand the need for the amount called for. If you don't like pepper, ...
This is a simple and savoury recipe. I'll definitely make it again. I suggest using fresh pepper as stated in the recipe, rather than regular ground pepper. The ground pepper flavour doesn...
I didn't have freshly ground pepper, so I used the regular fine ground stuff. I bet it would have been even better with the proper pepper, and I'll make sure I get some for the next time I make ...
This recipes was absolutely delicious! Next time I might add in a splash of heavy cream, but it's great as-written. Amazing use of things I already had on-hand, so I will definitely be putting...