Banana-Oatmeal Cake (Screwed-Up Mother's Day Cake)
Ingredients1 h servings 277
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix milk and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Stir white sugar, vegetable oil, milk mixture, brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl; add baking soda and baking powder and stir. Mix oats into sugar mixture. Stir flour, 1 cup at a time, into sugar-oat mixture until batter is evenly combined; fold in bananas. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use an electric mixer, but it's a good idea to stir by hand once you add the bananas. This way you still get some yummy little chunks here and there.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 12.8 39.1 2.6 9 174 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
For having a recipe that was screwed up, it was a nice change. Happy mistakes are always a plus. This recipe was slightly dense, however I think it plays it into it's favor because it can easily...
I was trying to find an egg-less recipe to use with my ripe bananas. This was definitely a good choice. I lessened the vegetable oil by one tablespoon because that was all I had on hand. It t...
Yummmmm (two ripe bananas, 1/2 c white chocolate chips, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg)
I thought that 1 cup of white sugar was a lot. I cut it to 1/2 and it was good. I left the brown sugar as shown. I also added chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.