Picky-Eater Sloppy Joes
Ingredients35 m servings 285
- Place red bell pepper, carrots, and onion in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir vegetable mixture into ground beef; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and molasses into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until heated through and slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread sloppy joe mixture into each bun using a slotted spoon.
- Cook's Note:
- If your child is picky about meat also (like mine), you can put some of the sloppy joe in the blender and puree further until it forms a paste and then spread on the bun.
- Ground turkey can be used in place of ground beef. Yellow bell pepper can be used in place of red bell pepper.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 11.2 31.4 14.2 35 643 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My husband and I made this for dinner. I was curious about the molasses flavor only to find my molasses had expired. Maybe next time? We liked enough to know there will be a next time.
The molasses flavor is distinct, and I am not big on molasses. I may try this again without the molasses and let re-rate.