Spicy Squash Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 215 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Place butternut squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and transfer squash to a bowl; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add ginger, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Mix cream, sugar, oats, and eggs together in a large bowl. Whisk squash into cream mixture until light and creamy. Stir squash mixture into flour mixture until batter is just combined; fill muffin cups 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin cups before transferring to a serving plate.
Per Serving: 215 calories; 5.2 g fat; 39.1 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 155 mg sodium. Full nutrition