Scallop and Bacon Mac N' Cheese
Ingredients1 h servings 586
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute scallops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; roughly crumble.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Mix Cheddar cheese soup, Cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic salt together in a bowl. Add scallops, bacon, and pasta; mix well. Pour pasta mixture into a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Stir bread crumbs and butter together in a bowl; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and topping is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- Panko bread crumbs can be substituted for the regular bread crumbs if desired.
Per Serving: 586 calories; 29.4 48.4 31.1 94 1381 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Looked good on paper and no doubt will be good on the fork, too, but as it is baking I wanted to offer two friendly observations (not criticisms). First, I doubled the scallops (I like scallops...
I used shrimp instead of scallops and added old bay. Delicious and easy!
Great taste, even has a good kick to it. Not sure where it came from since no spicy ingredients were added, just a pleasant surprise.
Great recipe! My husband doesn't like seafood so I took out the scallops and it quickly became his favorite Mac N' Cheese dish! It's my favorite too!
Very good recipe. I didn't have cheese soup so I made my own cheese sauce. The bacon was a welcome taste. I will definitely make this again. I was wondering about adding some broccoli? Mayb...