Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 126
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow sweet potatoes to cool. Peel sweet potatoes, transfer to a bowl, and mash.
- Heat a skillet over low heat; cook and stir almonds in the hot skillet until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl.
- Mix beaten egg, almonds, milk, and honey into mashed sweet potatoes. Divide sweet potato mixture into 15 equal parts. Shape each manju into a sweet potato-shape; arrange on a baking sheet.
- Beat remaining 1 egg and water together in a bowl. Brush egg mixture over each manju; top with peanuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until manju are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't like peanuts, you can put any kind of topping you like such as dried fruit, other kinds of nuts, etc.
- If you prefer, the shape of the sweet potato mixture doesn't have to be sweet potato-shaped. It could be round, square, or heart-shaped.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 6.1 13.4 5.2 64 56 Full nutrition