Ingredients55 m servings 246 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir luncheon meat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika together in a bowl. Mix luncheon meat, milk, Cheddar cheese, butter, spinach, egg, onion, and basil together in a separate bowl; slowly stir into flour mixture just until batter is mixed. Pour batter into muffin cups until each is 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 33 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Regular all-purpose flour should work fine.
- I had no problem using a shredded cheese blend. Add more cheese if you want. This is an easy and forgiving recipe.
- If you opt out of using Spam®, I would add a few extra pinches of salt. Bacon, ham, or sausage can also be substituted for the Spam®.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 17.7 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 734 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe is totally forgiving. We really liked the thickness of the recipe. The basil was wonderful but felt you could leave it out with the SPAM in it, but totally have it in the recipe if y...
Quite dry. I made them exactly as written. I don't think I'll make them again.
I replaced the onion with green onions and the spam with ham, plus I added a large chopped tomato and some chives. The muffins were delicious! Lots of chunks of tasty stuff relative to the amoun...