Ingredients35 m servings 234
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet.
- Toast almonds in preheated oven until golden and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot oil until just translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix rhubarb into onion and garlic and saute until slightly softened, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir wine wine, raisins, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper into rhubarb mixture; cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until rhubarb is tender to the bite but still firm, 5 to 8 minutes. Add honey and soy sauce; stir.
- Mix wild rice and white rice into the rhubarb mixture; cook and stir until rice is heated through. Top with toasted almonds.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute apple juice for the white wine.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 7.9 35.6 4.4 0 96 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I love non-sweet uses for rhubarb! I left out the honey, assuming the dish would be sweet enough with wine and it was. The rhubarb I had was diced and frozen, and when I cooked it it turned to m...
I changed it just a little bit. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil. I added bacon bits and a bit more soy sauce and honey. I took it to a pot luck where there were a couple of guys that "h...
Enjoyed using my rhubarb in a non-dessert. I had some left over grains and used them instead of rice, tasted great.
Great way to use rhubarb without all the sugar. I didn't have honey, so I used a homemade plum syrup and it turned out delicious. I am looking forward to making this with honey the next time. ...
This was a very good recipe but I changed a couple of things I didn't use rhubarb I used cranberries and added some black rice also and a little Cayanne pepper very good!!!!