Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 149
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour blend, buckwheat flour, sugar, xanthan gum, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, agave nectar, and apple cider vinegar together in a separate large bowl; add flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer until you get a smooth batter. Stir beer and yeast into the batter, increase mixer speed to high and beat batter for 4 minutes; pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top of the loaf with milk and sprinkle poppy seeds evenly over the surface. Cover the loaf with oiled wax paper and let rise until doubled in volume, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven until set in the middle and the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 210 degrees F (99 degrees C), 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can omit the milk and seeds on top.
- You can use hard cider in place of the beer. If you don't want to use beer or hard cider, you can use ginger ale, but then omit the agave.
- This makes great sandwich bread for those who want to eat gluten-free.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 4.6 23.4 4.2 35 179 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
Wow!! Can I say I LOVED this bread??? It rose super high, so I'm glad I used the foil trick but didn't have it tight enough on one side and the dough spilled over the edge and baked on the side ...
The batter rose above my pan the first time I made it and drooped over the sides so I cut a strip of aluminum foil in half length-wise, oiled the sides (and bottom). of the pan, placed the alumi...
Super moist and not at all dense or crumbly like so many gluten-free breads turn out. This is a great sandwich bread. (I added 1 Tbsp. of yeast to the mix and didn't use the milk and poppy seeds...
This is a really good bread. The texture is close to wheat bread and the taste is quite nice. It holds up well and also makes great toast. It's hard to find a good GF bread recipe but this on...
Really delicious! I used a foster's beer (12 oz.) and skipped the xantham gum and buckwheat (used 3 c gf all purpose flour) and it still got rave reviews from company. Enjoy!
Excellent - exactly like the picture - and my celiac husband asks for this regularly :)
We made this bread Monday. Best GF homemade bread I ever made and have been trying for over a year! It's soft and pliable and texture nearly exactly like wheat, and is still fresh on counter on ...
Wow! I Used half coconut flour instead of the full gluten free dose and xylitol instead of sugar. Stuck it all the the bread maker and off it went. I can safely say,hand of heart, this is the be...