Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 510 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Stir 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together in a small bowl. Stir dark brown sugar, walnuts, and 1 teaspoon sugar together in another bowl. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in third bowl.
- Beat butter and white sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix sour cream into butter mixture. Add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating each egg into the butter mixture before adding the next. Add vanilla with the last egg.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture; add chocolate chips and stir until batter is well-combined. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter. Pour remaining batter over the top. Spread walnut mixture evenly over the top of the batter to cover the entire surface of the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the baking dish.
Per Serving: 510 calories; 27.2 g fat; 63.4 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 386 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
For my tastes there are too many flavors going on here. I would leave the chocolate chips out if using the filling and topping. I also thought it was too sweet so I would either top it or fill...
I followed this recipe exactly as it was and when the cake came out, it was somewhat harder on the outside than the inside. The inside was not as moist as I wanted it to be, but it was okay. The...