SPAM® Fries with Spicy Garlic Sriracha Dipping Sauce
Ingredients55 m servings 562
- Process garlic, paprika, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Add mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and ketchup; process until sauce is well-combined. Transfer sauce to a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse luncheon meat 'fries' with cool water and pat dry.
- Working in batches, cook 'fries' in preheated oil until browned and crispy on the outside and still moist on the inside, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Transfer 'fries' to a plate and serve with chilled dipping sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use a mortar and pestle to make the sauce to give it more of a 'bite'.
- For a spicier dipping sauce add cayenne or additional sriracha to taste or use jalapeno/habanero ketchup.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 56 4.3 11.6 70 1420 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Recipe as is except we used firm tofu - dredged in organic spelt flour then gently air dried under muslin... used ground pinenuts and organic applesauce as dip... really wowed our quilting gr...
These are perfect for when you couldn't care less about your diet. The sauce is delicious, goes well with celery and carrots, too. Thank you for the recipe.
Delicious! I made it to drizzle over zucchini cakes. The consistency is such that it would make a great salad dressing. As is, though, there wasn't enough heat, so I added about 3 more tablespo...
OK, so this isn't exactly the healthiest meal in the world, but we both loved it. I used one can of Cheese Spam and one can of Jalapeno Spam, and while they were both awesome, the jalapeno was b...
Deliciously salty and the kids loved them! The key is making sure they are crisp all around!
Good Golly Miss Molly....HEAVEN! This didn't take but a few minutes and the fires were all gone. I tripled the Sriracha to our liking and I even was adding more ;-) everyone that was here was a ...
Ok a Novelty Dish but I made it. I would NOT overcook this,. We dropped this at the Bar for 6 Minutes. Next time will cut to 4. We will do this again. Perhaps use a flavored SPAM for more zin...