Crabmeat Bisque Made Easy
Ingredients40 m servings 542
- Spray a stockpot with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in the prepared stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir celery, onion, paprika, seafood seasoning, thyme, salt, and white pepper until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk flour into vegetable mixture until smooth and dissolved. Pour seafood stock over vegetable mixture.
- Mix half-and-half, cream, and milk into broth mixture; decrease heat and simmer until bisque is thickened, about 15 minutes. Add crabmeat and simmer bisque until crabmeat is heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- All-purpose flour can be used in place of rice flour.
- Chicken or vegetable stock can be substituted for seafood stock.
- Shrimp or lobster can be substituted for crab.
- You can add chopped potatoes and carrots if desired.
Per Serving: 542 calories; 47.3 14 16.6 195 459 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very rich and delicious! For the stock I used shells from crayfish, then used shrimp in place of crabmeat. I’ll definitely make it again.
I made this for my boyfriend and his mother a few weeks ago and they absolutely loved it. She literally licked the bowl, so score. I used regular flour and vegetable broth instead of seafood sto...