Ingredients55 m servings 286
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix, water, egg whites, oil, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon extract together in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix batter for 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3-full with batter.
- Combine white sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool cupcakes to room temperature.
- Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, 3 tablespoons honey, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until just combined. Mix milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, into creamed butter mixture until desired consistency of frosting is reached. Spoon frosting into a piping bag or a plastic bag with a snipped corner; pipe onto each cupcake. Drizzle honey over each frosted cupcake.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute cream for the milk if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 11 46.2 1.9 14 218 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 35
Followed the recipe EXACTLY and whereas the cake is REALLY GOOD the frosting is still too runny after using an entire bag of confectioners. Super sweet, which I love also, but maybe a bit TOO sw...
An extremely sweet cupcake, more reminiscent of a coffee cake than sopapillas. Pronounced honey flavor in the frosting. Used turbinado sugar in the dusting. Instead of lemon extract simply so...
the most decadent and tasty cupcakes I ever made. I followed the cake directions exactly but I made some changes to the frosting. I used 1/2 butter 1/2 cream cheese, only 1/4 cup powdered suga...
Ok, my 15 yo daughter made these tonight for her Spanish class. She finds this recipe and I have all the ingredients. She asks to do a trial batch which is a great idea I know but our idea ...
These cupcakes are amazing! I've made them several times. The only thing I did differently was add more cinnamon both to the cake mix and to the frosting, added a little bit, like a quarter of ...
Yum! I made some Mexican dishes for a group of friends, and topped the meal off with these fun cupcakes. Every single person raved about them! There were no leftovers!
These turned out great. I did change a few things, I used a classic vanilla cake mix and followed the directions on the box (I had already made it thinking I was going to make just a vanilla cak...