Ingredients55 m servings 286 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix, water, egg whites, oil, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon extract together in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix batter for 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3-full with batter.
- Combine white sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool cupcakes to room temperature.
- Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, 3 tablespoons honey, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until just combined. Mix milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, into creamed butter mixture until desired consistency of frosting is reached. Spoon frosting into a piping bag or a plastic bag with a snipped corner; pipe onto each cupcake. Drizzle honey over each frosted cupcake.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute cream for the milk if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 11 g fat; 46.2 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 218 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
It had great flavor, however it was dry but moist at the same time. Plus the frosting was extremely sweet. Not exactly what my family was looking for
An extremely sweet cupcake, more reminiscent of a coffee cake than sopapillas. Pronounced honey flavor in the frosting. Used turbinado sugar in the dusting. Instead of lemon extract simply so...
the most decadent and tasty cupcakes I ever made. I followed the cake directions exactly but I made some changes to the frosting. I used 1/2 butter 1/2 cream cheese, only 1/4 cup powdered suga...
These cupcakes are amazing! I've made them several times. The only thing I did differently was add more cinnamon both to the cake mix and to the frosting, added a little bit, like a quarter of ...
Ok, my 15 yo daughter made these tonight for her Spanish class. She finds this recipe and I have all the ingredients. She asks to do a trial batch which is a great idea I know but our idea ...
Yum! I made some Mexican dishes for a group of friends, and topped the meal off with these fun cupcakes. Every single person raved about them! There were no leftovers!
They were AMAZING!!! I made them for a bake sale, and they sold SO FAST!!! I made them for Christmas and my family LOVED THEM!!!