Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 534
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix beef, onion, 1 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Press beef mixture into a loaf in the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is smooth and warm, about 10 minutes. Pour 1/3 the sauce over meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting every 25 minutes with more sauce, until meatloaf is cooked through, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- If you need to use two meatloaf pans to make the meatloaf fit comfortably in the pan with room to spare, do so.
- My Aunt Libby's original recipe calls for 2 pounds ground beef but I usually use 1.3 to 1.5 pounds meat for my small family of three and adjust other ingredients accordingly. So one meatloaf pan is all I need.
- Try not to substitute ground beef with turkey and use a fattier 80%-lean beef choice. True, it is not as healthy but the taste is amazing!
Per Serving: 534 calories; 24.8 48.4 30.8 153 2215 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4